Please Don’t Stop the Music

Show Choir combinesis a performance group combining choral singing with choreographed dancing. While one might view choir simply as singing religious songs, show choir combines many different elements and can be thematic as well. 

“The best thing about show choir for me is definitely the family you get from being together all the time,” sophomore Elise McCall said. 

When it comes to show choir, not only do you work on yourself, but you make sure everyone else on the team is working hard as well. As a result, teammates have a greater bond than ever. 

“My favorite part about show choir is the bonds we form. I enjoy the team that we have because we are so close and have the best energy,” sophomore Destini McMichael said. 

Not only do students take pride in their work, the coaches enjoy show choir just as much as the audience does. 

The best thing about show choir for me is definitely the family you get from being together all the time,

— sophomore Elise McCall

“I really enjoy getting to create shows, it’s a fun experience for both us as a choir and the fans love it as well,” director Chris Droegemueller said. 

While sShow cChoir may look picture-perfect on stage, it takes a hard-working army to create such amazing performances. With all the effort the entire team pours into their show, it could be stressful at times.  

“The most stressful thing for me is dancing but singing well at the same time. It’s very difficult to balance good dance moves and good voices at the same time,” McCall said. 

Show choir is a good environment to make lifelong friends and spread laughter. However, teammates are bound to get on each other’s nerves sometimes. 

“The most stressful thing my students do is reliability and accountability. I always feel like I’m picking a perfect group but then they use that and think they’re the best. Then they don’t try, and it doesn’t work,” Droegemueller said.  

While under pressure, it is easy for show choirs to become tense. But like any good group, they always get over that tension and move on, so they are able to create the perfect show. 

“My teammates get on my nerves sometimes, but we always make up in the end because we are a team, and teams don’t work when everyone is tense,” McCall said.