News review

Photo by Natalie Holmgren

At the back to school assembly on August 21, sophomore Tiffany Grazda does a tilt kick during the Pommies’ performance. Grazda has been dancing since she was 3 years old. “It was really neat to see the freshman on the squad experience their first performance for the high school,” Grazda said.

Photo Essay by: Natalie Holmgren and Laura Wuthnow

Sophomore Anthony Eaton pole-vaults during a track meet on Wednesday, April 24. Eaton started pole vaulting because he saw it his freshman year and thought it looked fun. “[When I am pole-vaulting, I think] to work on my speed and fine technique that I need to use,” Eaton said.
At the court warming basketball game on Friday, Feb. 1, senior Allison Pinet cheers the team on.  Pinet was the captain of the squad this year. “My favorite part of cheer is competing at regionals and state. I’ll miss cheerleading all around, but mostly just summer practices and football games,” Pinet said.
At the court warming basketball game on Friday, Feb. 1, senior Allison Pinet cheers the team on. Pinet was the captain of the squad this year. “My favorite part of cheer is competing at regionals and state. I’ll miss cheerleading all around, but mostly just summer practices and football games,” Pinet said.
After being selected for team of the week on Fox 4 news, senior Emily Ballard gets interviewed by Fox 4’s sports anchor, Al Wallace, about her passion for Oak Park tennis on Wednesday, Oct. 9. Seeing how happy it made Coach [Tana] Stock was the best part for Ballard. "The season went great. We played a lot of tough teams which made for some fun competition," Ballard said.
After being selected for team of the week on Fox 4 news, senior Emily Ballard gets interviewed by Fox 4’s sports anchor, Al Wallace, about her passion for Oak Park tennis on Wednesday, Oct. 9. Seeing how happy it made Coach [Tana] Stock was the best part for Ballard. “The season went great. We played a lot of tough teams which made for some fun competition,” Ballard said.