The student news site of Oak Park High School

Northmen News

Northmen News

Northmen News

New NYT Game: Strands Trends

From Wordle to Connections to the Mini Crossword, New York Times games can be a fun way to challenge yourself intellectually and add a fun little word game into your daily routine.

Starting Monday, March 4, the NYT debuted a new game called Strands. According to Wordle and Strands editor Tracy Bennett, Strands is a word search with a twist. In a 6-by-8 grid of letters, players will try to find seven words under the daily theme, one of the seven words is the “spangram” which describes the theme of the puzzle and touches two opposite sides of the game board. Players can also find non-theme words to earn hints to what the theme words are.

As an avid NYT games player, playing the Wordle, Connections, and Mini Crossword almost daily, I love Strands. It makes me think outside the box and gives me a fun – yet sometimes frankly frustrating – challenge.

What is your favorite NYT game?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

I’m not alone in my appreciation for this new game, Spanish teacher Adam Hall also enjoys Strands.

“I really enjoy strands, because this one specifically, it’s hard at first but then once you get one or a couple of words, it starts to get easier and it’s just satisfying once you get over that hill of difficulty,” Hall said.

If you are a person who enjoys word games, word searches, or just a little challenge, Strands is definitely a game to check out. Here’s a link: https://www.nytimes.com/crosswords 

View Comments (2)