The student news site of Oak Park High School

Northmen News

Northmen News

Northmen News

Let’s talk Valentine’s plans

Students plan for Valentine’s day.
Sophy Marks
The best present for your vamp girlfriend on Valentine’s Day.

We all know about Valentine’s Day. By now, we either love it or hate it or maybe a mixture of both. 

So, like what are we doing? Who are we hanging out with? Well let’s talk about all that and more.

Well a recent student body survey says, we’re doing a whole lot of nothing this year. Like literally on a survey of nearly 60 kids, more than 20 say they are doing nothing.

It’s kind of giving, boringggg… But let’s not focus on them. There are a few people doing fun things this Valentine’s Day.

Some couple activities, of course, like sophomore Hayley Ritz who is “gonna go out and have a fancy dinner date with my boyfriend. We never have time (or money) to do it any other time, so we thought a fancy date for Valentine’s would be a real treat for both of us.” 

Junior Riley Chapin also plans a “date night.”

Freshman Destiny Elliot is “going to see my boyfriendddd.”

But it’s not just those couples doing fun things this Valentine’s season, students have other fun activities.

Senior Elizabeth Stevenson is “going to dinner with a friend.”

Freshman Alyssa Tatum will “be at my dance studio for the night.”