Platinum Beard Postponed

News by: Lauren Sullivan
Platinum Beard, a lip-syncing contest, was to start this year at Oak Park, but was cancelled on April 22nd after Student Council decided to drop it.
“We are postponing the opening performance of Platinum Beard due to scheduling complications,” said Leadership member and junior Chandler Templeton.
Though Leadership tried to promote the event, there were still many people who did not even know about the event.
“Not enough people knew about the event, so I feel like it was going to have a rocky start if they decided to still do it this year,” said junior Samantha Belcourt.
The Leadership class first got the idea when they went down to Columbia, Missouri for a class trip to follow around Rockbridge High School’s Student Council.
“Rockbridge has their own version of Platinum Beard called The Golden Cow, in which they compete with their revival school in a lip-syncing competition and we were hoping to introduce it to Oak Park,” said Templeton.
Along with Platinum Beard, Student Council planned on starting another new event this year called OP Olympics. With two new events starting up in May, the class unanimously decided to focus on OP Olympics and postpone Platinum Beard. Platinum Beard will be postponed until fall of next school year.