Snow days extend school year

News by: Landon Thomas

Snow days are usually days students look forward to, until it gets to the point where they have to go to school in June. With the school having no snow days built into the schedule, all snow days are added on to the end of the semester, delaying the start of summer break.
“There is no way I’m going to make them up. I don’t want to go to school any longer, especially when the weather is nice,” said sophomore Donnie Rodulfo.
“Awwh! I’m sad we have to make them up. I don’t want to stay here longer,” said junior Damara Feagin.
Some students and faculty would rather have skipped the snow days.
“The snow days were boring. They should have took days off of spring break from the snow days we had instead of making them up at the end of the year,” said sophomore Julian Garcia.
While for others they were a needed break.
“As long as I don’t go past Memorial Day I’ll always take a snow day. I needed those days to plan for my lessons,” said math teacher Kristin Haberberger.
However, as long as there are no more snow days students and staff can still look on the bright side.
“Since we were originally going to get out on May 23rd, it’s not that bad since we have only had four snow days. At least we don’t have to go to school in June,” said freshman Daphne Beebe.
An official last day of school will not be named until winter is fully past us. Most likely, school will not let out until Thursday, May 29.