The student news site of Oak Park High School

Northmen News

Northmen News

Northmen News

Sonido Latin Entertainment Comes to Kansas City

Many people were excited about a new event because it was the first-ever, Latin-related event Gladstone, Mo., ever hosted. Many Latin Americans from the Kansas City metro area gathered for this event. The Sonido Latin Entertainment is a DJ Festival for Latin Americans in the KC Metro area.

On Friday, March 15, the party started.

“I’m going to drink a lot of water because I know there will be lots of people there,” senior Isis Medina said. “I know it’s going to be a crowded place and it’s going to be hot, so I just want to be prepared to stay hydrated.”

The excitement built for weeks.

“Partying out with my friends, hanging out with my friends and having a good time,” Medina said. “I plan on wearing boots with jeans and a nice top.”

Others looked for memories.

“I’m excited to make memories with family and friends and also to be able to enjoy my life young,” senior Jazmin Vazquez said.

The DJs of the Sonido Latin Entertainment were very excited and shocked to see how many people ended up showing up to their event. They said their emotions were thrilled to see that many people were able to participate in their event the right way and the fun way.