The student news site of Oak Park High School

Northmen News

Northmen News

Northmen News

“Migration:” The Perfect Family Movie

After going and seeing “Migration,” I believe it is the perfect movie to watch with your family or if you just want a good laugh.

Photo from www.migrationmovie.ca (Photo from www.migrationmovie.ca)

The movie was released Dec. 22, 2023, and was 1 hour and 23 minutes long. According to collider.com, the movie has made $222,984,080, as of Monday, Jan. 1. It received 72% rotten tomatoes and 88% popcorn from rottentomatoes.com, meaning it is a well-liked movie.

I went to the movie theater with my sister to watch this movie and we had a blast. The movie had moments that made me and my sister laugh even after we left the theater.

The characters in the movie showed  great personal growth and were very lovable. I enjoyed the character Uncle Dan, who was a great portrayal of a crazy old uncle.

The voice acting was done beautifully, the movie even had some great actors and actresses like Danny DeVito, Elizabeth Banks, Awkwafina, Keegan-Michael Key, etc. starring in it. I found the acting Keegan-Michael Key did to be very entertaining. I think each character was well casted and executed wonderfully.

Overall, the movie does well at creating a story children will love and parents can enjoy too. “Migration” is a PG rated kids/family comedy movie about a family of ducks who journey beyond their pond and get lost along their way to Jamaica. They discover new versions of themselves and make new friends as they struggle to find their way to the magical waters of Jamaica.

The movie was great for laughs and has wonderful characters, which was why I believe it was the perfect movie to watch with the family or even on your own. An hour and twenty-three minutes well spent.