The student news site of Oak Park High School

Audience danced in their seats at ‘Thriller’

“Thriller Live” was an amazing musical about Michael Jackson and his top hits during his life and career.

The musical was full of his music and his dance moves. People were dancing, singing, and laughing it showed that they were enjoying both the musical and themselves. The girl beside me was fan-girling the entire show, singing and dancing the entire time.

The cast was interactive with the audience; they were having us stand up and clap and were having us scream and shout. They split the audience in half at one point to see which side of the audience would yell louder.

All of the dancers and singers impressed me. It was impressive also that a black woman and a white man was also singing Jackson’s songs. It showed the color of someone’s skin or their gender didn’t matter and that anyone can sing his songs and do the dance moves.

My favorite performance was “Billie Jean,” since that is one of my favorite songs by Jackson. The lighting and the sound was incredible, the screen work was also amazing.

There was smoke with certain songs which was fun to see. The set of the stage was also amazing they had couches and a box. The setting of the stage and the screen behind the actors made each song more amazing. The costuming was also amazing; it made everything better and the outfits went along with the song.

There were also some showstoppers. For example,  when the actors were able to moonwalk which Jackson created. When they moonwalked for the first time the audience went crazy. Everyone was clapping and cheering. you could tell the crew, directors, and the cast really cared about the musical and they wanted to make the show amazing.

To see the show for yourself, visit: https://thrillerlive.com/west-end/

Northmen News • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All Northmen News Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *