Losing Focus

As the school year comes to an end, many students check out and stop focusing on their academics. Students tend to use their school day as a time to socialize instead of focusing on preparing themselves for the next year.

“I feel like the majority of students have checked out because they know we get out of school next week,” freshman Hannah Maudlin said.

Other students still focus on their grades and even still try to get them up.

“I’m wrapping up my grades by making sure I have everything turned in and making some time to study for finals,” freshman Olivia Oswald said.

Other students may not focus as much as others.

“My grades aren’t as good as I wanted them to be, but they’re also not terrible. I’ve been trying to get been them up but at the end of the year it’s just a struggle,” Maudlin said.

There are many factors that could lead into students struggling to keep their grades up towards the end of the year.

“I think that if students do not choose to actively participate and try in school it will show in their grades,” freshman Yennhi Phan said. “Having poor grades can make students break down. Also, there is a lot of added stress onto students because of the finals.”

The amount of stress that students feel towards the end of the year could cause them to stay buckled down until the last day.

“I think the majority of people are still buckled down to try and keep their grades up for the end of the year,” Oswald said.