December 20, 2016
Filed under Entertainment
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
Gifts are hard to find and they get quite expensive, so why not just bake treats for a gift. Everyone eats food so it would be a gift that would please all. Treats also bring much joy and happiness.
-1 Box of your favorite chocolate cake
-3 bags of melting chocolate
-20 mint oreos crushed
-1 jar of your favorite chocolate icing
- Follow the directions from the chocolate cake.
- After the chocolate is baked let it cool to room temperature.
- While the cake is cooling down prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- After the cake is cooled to room temperature, crumble the cake up into a bowl.
- In the same bowl put the chocolate icing and combine together.
- After combing the cake crumble and icing roll them into 1 inch balls and put them on the prepared baking sheet.
- After rolling them into balls put the baking sheet with the cake balls into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While the cake balls are freezing, you can melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- After the 15 minutes is done and the chocolate is melted.
- You are ready to dip the chocolate cake balls into the melted chocolate and then putting it back onto the baking sheet.
- After dipping it and its all back on the tray.
- (OPTIONAL) you can decorate the heart attack cake balls with leftover melted chocolate and crushed mint Oreos.
- Let it harden overnight.
- Then it is ready for packaging.
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 24 Hershey kisses (unwrapped)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat together.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, beating until incorporated.
- Roll into 24 1” balls and place on cookie sheet several inches apart.
- Gently make an indention in the center of each cookie.
- Bake 12-14 minutes.
- Place a Hershey Kiss in the center of each cookie.
- After letting it cool overnight it is ready to wrap.