The student news site of Oak Park High School

Northmen News

Filed under Opinion, Sports

All Things Come To An End

As high school students, we tend to take advantage of what we have and assume things last forever.

They don’t.

There are so many things we all get involved in during high school that we spend our whole high school career doing. I chose cheerleading. I tried out for cheer my freshman year for fun, but as the years have passed it became my passion.

I met a group of people who quickly became my family. I gave up my summer, my Friday nights, pretty much a huge half of my life for this program.

I got to meet coach Kelsey Mayabb who took me under her wing and made me the athlete, leader and woman I am today. So here we are four years forward and I’ve had my last practice, last game and last time being an Oak Park cheerleader.

I never really thought the day would come, but it did. I am really sad it is all over, but I am happy I have no regrets. There is nothing I would do over again, and I can honestly say I have learned and grown from the experience.

What I’m trying to say is four years goes by quick, and whatever you’re involved in, don’t take it for granted. Make the most of it because it’s over in a blink of an eye. Take advantage of the situation and learn and grow from your sport, activity, or club.