Retiree: Tana Stock retires after 31 years of teaching and coaching

After 31 years of teaching Physical Education, Health, and being on multiple boards, Tana Stock is retiring. The stock family has quite a history here. Her two daughters both graduated from here and were involved in basketball, soccer, softball, and tennis. 31 years is a long time to be at one place, naturally she has acquired lots of wonderful memories.

“I will miss everything about Oak Park. I’ll miss the students and the people I work with. I’m hoping to continue to sub and hopefully to coach.”Oak Park’s ‘biggest cheerleader’, in her own words, had lots to say about how we do things here.

“I just love all the traditions. I don’t have one favorite memory, I just really love the traditions of oak park, the staff of oak park, and the students of oak park. I am Oak Park’s biggest cheerleader. I practically bleed blue!”

As a teacher, a coach, and a mother, she has impacted a lot of students.

Sophomore Morgan Wells said, “she’s just really caring and always goes out of her way to make people happy. She’s really passionate.”

Another Sophomore, Lissette Reynaga had lots to say about her coaching skills, “When I was first starting out she didn’t really care that I wasn’t that good, she just wanted me to progress in my tennis playing and she always gave me lots of encouraging words.”

All of the students and staff will miss Mrs. Stock next year and wish her luck in whatever she decides for her future.